Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Taking a Stand

Thought I'd share an email I sent to MSNBC this morning. As the saying goes... If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

I am sad to say I am extremely disappointed in Today’s decision to air an excerpt of a Lady Gaga video as a promo for her upcoming Today show appearance. I am not a Lady Gaga fan nor do I have anything against the entertainer. However, I was shocked to see a video clip of her erotically grinding her “nether region” on someone and kissing another woman. Why on earth would you air this promo at 9:30 AM EST? I’m not a prude by any stretch of the imagination, however, my toddler son was in the living room standing in front of the TV with my husband when this aired. If he were any older I would have some serious explaining to do.

Consider this your one and only warning, Today. I’ve been a faithful viewer for decades, however, I will not allow your blatant disregard for family values to infiltrate my home. It’s hard enough to instill morals and values in our children today and I certainly will not allow you to further enhance an already-monumental challenge

No comments: