Sunday, March 7, 2010

Amazing God

I serve an amazing God. He is a loving God. He is merciful and full of grace. He is faithful. He is omnipotent and omniscient. And He loves me. Despite all my glaring flaws and faults my Redeemer loves me. Who knows me better than He?

No matter what type of storm I’m weathering, God is ever-present in my life. No matter the turmoil I’m facing or the raging sea in front of me, He is there for me every moment of the day, every single day. Oftentimes I’m so mired down in the struggles of life that I forget to give God the glory and honor He so rightly deserves. This oversight causes me great sadness when brought to light. I wish I could tell you I learned from this mistake the first time it happened, never to repeat it, but of course that’s not the case. I stumble and fall time and time again. But God keeps no record of my mistakes. He still loves me despite myself. Through the blood of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ my sins are washed away.

I love my Heavenly Father. I give Him thanks and praise, not for what He does for me, but simply because He is worthy. He cares deeply for me and loves me beyond measure. He cares so much that He sent His son to die for me—a poor, miserable, undeserving sinner. I can’t think of anyone more worthy of my adoration and devotion. Thank you, Father God. Thank you.

Exodus 15:2
The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.

No comments: