Sunday, November 16, 2008

Well, here I am at the conclusion of another busy weekend. It's passed by in what seems like the blink of an eye.

I didn't leave my office until about 7:15 Friday evening, but that's okay. I'm looking forward to the holidays and if spending a few extra minutes here and there in the office allows me to eventually spend a little less time in the office in the coming weeks, then that's the price I'll gladly pay.

Saturday, Greg and I golfed (independently) in a charity golf tournament for Jupiter Christian School. Although Greg and I used to be avid (which is actually an understatement) golfers, I've kind of lost my love for the game. This is really attributed to a shift in priorities. As we get closer to the end of this adoption, I've just had so many other things on my mind. Plus I've easily been able to find other things to spend my spare four to five hours per weekend on. But I must say I had a really enjoyable time participating in Saturday's outing. One of the members of my golf foursome -- who was actually the reason I agreed to participate in the outing -- was my friend Wendy. I seldom get to spend time with Wendy, but the beauty of our friendship lies in the fact that despite great lapses in time, we can virtually "pick up where we left off". Wendy is a gem of a person with a heart of gold. She always has a smile on her face and a positive outlook on everything. Additionally, she has the quickest wit of perhaps anyone I know. I really had a terrific time!

Saturday evening Greg and I attended the Jupiter Christian School dinner auction as guests of our friends, Maria and Dom.. Maria was the major organizer of this year's event and she did a fabulous job. The food was fabulous as were the setting and atmosphere. We had a truly enjoyable time with our friends. And not only that, we were also the successful bidders for a year's membership at the Palm Beach Yacht Club. I look forward to sharing many wonderful dinners there with my wonderful husband during the coming year.

Although the above-mentioned events are fabulous ( sorry, but I LOVE the word fabulous) in and of themselves, I participated in the most meaningful event this afternoon. After a truly inspiring service at church this morning I stayed afterward to tag clothing we parishioners purchased for residents of Casa Shalom orphanage in Guatemala. As I tagged and folded I found myself scrutinizing each and every child's information card. The cards included a photo of the child and they really spoke to my heart. I prayed to God to look after these children as I folded and tagged their items. This was a special undertaking in that we were able to obtain an information card for a specific child residing at the orphanage. We were then tasked with purchasing an entire outfit for them--pants, shirt, shoes, underwear and socks. But it didn't stop there -- we were also asked to hold on to the card in order to pray for the individual child. So as these items are packed and our pastoral staff prepares to hand-carry them to the children at Casa Shalom, I blanket them all with prayers and blessings.

And that, my friends, concludes another fabulous week in the DuBose family adventure...

Peace and blessings to all...

No comments: