Saturday, November 8, 2008

Wow, what a week!

We've been unbelievably busy here in the DuBose household this past week, hence the lack of a post. Although our lives are always full of work and home-life responsibilities, this past week has involved a lot of extra-curricular activities as well. Here is a brief recap.

Halloween - What a night! As expected we had a steady procession of trick-or-treaters beginning at about 5:45. We saw some great costumes and some "what-were-their-parents-thinking" costumes. The pinnacle of the latter being a group of five teenage girls dressed as Native American Indians. Whoa! Let's just say they didn't spend a lot on the fabric...












Saturday post-Halloween - Again, what night. We went to a client's costume party. We had a fabulous time and met some fabulous people. I'm pleased to say we won 2nd place for the best "Couples" costume.














Sunday - A truly fabulous day. Our pastor delivered a wonderful message at church. We came home and just chilled for the day. Greg watched his Miami Dolphins (who actually won another game) and made us a most scrumptious dinner of honey-garlic glazed beer can chicken on the grill. Mmmmm... good!














Tuesday - Again, what a night!!! My dear friend, Todd, and his friend (our new BFF), Sarah, drove up from Miami to watch election results. Todd lives in Las Vegas and "Sarah Montana" lives in, well - Montana. Both Todd and Sarah will be in Miami on business for two weeks. We are honored that they would drive 96 miles (each way) to spend time with us. Todd and I have been friends for almost eight years but we only see each other every couple of years or so. It goes without saying, this night was doubly special for me!





















And finally, it is the weekend. I love Saturdays! I've always like the weekend, but the older I get the more I find myself LIVING for the weekend. This "living" usually begins late Friday morning as I start counting down the hours until the end of the work day. I, like most people, am physically spent by the end of the week, with nothing left to give. Additionally, I don't think I'm acclimated to the end of daylight savings time yet. I was exhausted by yesterday morning, as evidenced by my forgetting to turn the water off in the pool .. (Although I'm not certain why I'M the one who has to remember to turn it off since there are two adults residing in this household... Plus, I didn't put the hose INTO the pool. But, I digress...)

I'm concluding this post with a photo of our new "vanishing edge" pool.
Happy Saturday to all, and to all a great weekend!

No comments: