Saturday, January 17, 2009

I am so in love!

I look at the photos we received in our referral email and I am head-over-heels in love with this child. He is perfect in every way.

I admit, throughout sixteen months of waiting for this referral, I wasn’t certain what I would feel toward Baby Jackson. I knew I would be grateful and feel relief and joy. But I didn’t know if I would feel an immediate bond with this child.

I’ve given birth. I have a daughter. I know what it’s like to feel that in utero connection. It’s begins immediately once you know a child is present. You begin to take care of yourself and ultimately the child living within you. You watch what you eat. You get enough rest. And once you feel movement, well that's an entirely different story. A bond is undeniably formed from that point forward. You can’t help it because you know there is someone present within.

Well, I can tell you that I felt that same connection as soon as I opened the file of Baby Jackson’s photo. I fell immediately head-over-heels in love. I instinctively felt that same urge to protect and care for this tiny individual, just as I felt for my daughter. I can’t wait to touch him; to hold him; and to smother him with kisses. He is mine. And I am his. And I am so in love…

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Bobbie,
How beautiful! I love hearing stories of God at work. I am encouraged this morning and renewed in my fervor to seek the Lord and KNOW, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that He wants to be real to us in VERY REAL WAYS!!!! You've got me hooked, Bobbie. I'm definitely subscribing to your blog :) Thank you so much for sharing. Enjoy the "lightnes"--get up and dance :) Love, Danielle