Thursday, October 30, 2008

Rest

Matthew 11:28
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.


When creating this blog it was not my intention to make it a spiritual blog. But that's the unconscious turn it's taken. So I'm going to let the Holy Spirit lead me when/where it chooses.


The above verse really spoke to me during my morning devotions. It gave me pause because I don't know anyone walking this earth that wouldn't benefit from that scripture. Who isn't weary from work, chasing/chauffeuring children and running a household? And who isn't burdened by the current state of the economy, the war(s) we're fighting and presidential campaign rhetoric? I know I'm weary and burdened. (So sorry, Greg! You're always the vent on my pressure cooker. Know that I love you for putting up with my steam. :-* )


So to all of you who are also weary and burdened--take a moment to reflect on the above verse (and the continuation below) and drink it in. I think you'll find it to be refreshing. It might even renew your spirit. That's what it did for me.


Matthew 11:29-30
29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.


Clearly, Bella has read this scripture before. She has no problem finding rest.

No comments: